If you haven’t discovered the many ways an IT partner can support and help your business grow through help desk services, keep reading! The list of offered services beneath a so-called IT expert should be long and outstanding. The better IT companies have literally pages upon pages explaining what they offer, why you need it, and how it works for you and your business. They should also feature highly-responsive help desk services that can troubleshoot any problem your data network may face.
Below, we’ve provided 5 reasons you need a trusted IT partner to provide responsive help desk services:
- The IT help desk is the frontline of communication between you and your IT support team. This is where the problems that have cropped up on your side of things are communicated to your IT support company through the troubleshooting interface of the help desk, or help desk software. How it works: You incur the problem, then access your IT help desk, start a support ticket with all the details, then the IT support team moves to troubleshoot and eliminate the problem through diagnostic analysis and problem-solving applications.
- You need to know exactly how and who to get in touch with your IT experts on a problem-solving issue. Without a designated help desk, you’re flying blind, to an extent. When disaster strikes, you need to have a clear line of communication and point of contact established. Without it, you’ll be fumbling for who exactly to call in an emergency. The help desk gets your urgent alert into the right hands immediately.
- Both office workers and IT staff waste less time, and are more productive. On the client side of things, company employees get issues submitted quickly and concisely, wasting little time groping around for exactly who to call about their IT problem. On the IT support side of things, staff members save time by avoiding unnecessary manual processes, and therefore have more time to spend on diagnosis and problem-solving the fundamental issue at hand.
- Help desk tickets economize through comprehensive input parameters. The help desk tickets themselves generally contain input parameters that categorize and specify issues in a concise and orderly way that leaves no room for misunderstanding. Tickets use custom fields that allow IT departments to narrow down exactly what, when, and where the problem is.
- Help desk software interfaces allow for smart, on-the-go multitasking. Last, but certainly not least, you get the benefit of IT experts being able to field your help desk ticket and support request 24/7, even while on the go. This lets IT support staff field multiple requests, and assign them according to timeliness, location, and the individual issues themselves in a way that makes optimum use of their time and skill-set.
Ask a Pro About Help Desk
Help Desk support is one of the most popular aspects of IT in terms of time savings on both sides of the problem. If you have questions about how you can get Help Desk support set up, GDS is the leader in providing managed IT services in New England. Contact one of us today at (888) 849-6818 or send us an email at Info@GDSConnect.com, and we will be happy to answer all your questions.