It seems that every time you open your newsfeed or watch CNN these days there is a story about viruses, ransomware, malware, hackers, or security breaches. In fact, it has gotten so ubiquitous that you probably didn’t pay any attention to the last threat warning you saw. You probably did so because you have taken some good measures to protect your business against cyber-threats.
Unfortunately, we live in a day when “good measures” are just not good enough. Today’s cyber-threats require a moat around the castle, a drawbridge, alligators in the moat, and an angry-looking guy with a cannon on top of the castle wall. In short, your business needs iron-clad managed firewall service. Why should you consider managed firewall from GDS?
Here’s the top 5 countdown of reasons to give managed firewall some serious thought:
- Number 5 – IT is not your core business.You probably got into business to do something completely unrelated to network security and aren’t an expert in managing security systems. Sure, you could hire someone to maintain your IT, but at the cost of diverting valuable time and money from providing the product or service that got you into business in the first place.
- Number 4 – Consulting labor is expensive. Without a managed service or full time staff, you’ll undoubtedly need to hire a consultant to configure your firewall at $150 per hour or more. Then, when something goes wrong or a configuration needs to be changed, you’ll have additional bills at $150 an hour – and the new consultant will spend at least an hour or two figuring out what your last consultant did.
- Number 3 – Failure of your network security would be a disaster – You need a recovery plan. Like all hardware, firewalls occasionally break. It’s important to have a plan to restore connectivity quickly and securely if that happens. If you don’t have a plan, then using a service that regularly backs up your router configurations, can secure a timely replacement from the manufacturer in the event of a failure, and makes sure the equipment is configured and installed correctly saving you time, money, and headaches!
- Number 2 – Some threats come from inside your business. Social media, gaming, and online video can be a drain on employee productivity, on the bandwidth your business needs, and may expose you to viruses. Properly configured URL filtering and application control can help you manage these internal threats to security and productivity.
- Number 1 – Security threats evolve daily. New viruses, worms, and malicious attacks are created every day to exploit weaknesses in networks and steal your business’ confidential data. With a managed firewall service professional network security personnel keep you up to date with the latest firmware and threat definitions keeping your network secure.
To learn more about the advantages of having a managed firewall service working for you, call GDS today at (888) 849-6818 or email us at Info@GDSConnect.com.